just procrastinating

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Baldwin the Motivational Speaker
I'm watching Glengarry Glen Ross, which I consider one the best business movies, along with Barbarians at the Gate, Wall Street, Trading Places, and the much maligned Bonfire of the Vanities, which I liked but only because at the time I wanted to be like the character Bruce Willis played (but that's a story for another time).

Anyway, watching the scene where Alec Baldwin tries to "motivate" the salesmen by questioning their manhood and basically calling them pussies still pisses me off. I've had a run in or two with douchebags of this sort and just thinking about it gets me in a fighting mood. I have a pretty high tolerance for this kind of shit, but if some dude came in to my office talking smack like that I would be getting led out in handcuffs and he would be leaving in a bodybag.

OK, maybe not, but close to that. Maybe I would be fired, and he would have a black eye. Or he would have been verbally assaulted, and I would have been formally reprimanded. Something like that, I think, or maybe not, who knows.

Still it is the kind of movie that makes you thankful that you aren't selling real estate from bullshit leads.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com