just procrastinating

Friday, January 09, 2004

Snow
It snowed here again, not much only a couple of inches, but enough that I had to get out there and shovel for awhile. This city pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow; schools are closed or delayed even if snow is in the forecast. Coming from Chicago, where it took a heck of a lot for school to get cancelled, I like to mock this city's snow preparedness. But they do have a pretty good excuse, since we aren't supposed to get that much snow down here, although the past 2 winters haven't read the memo on that. And also, it is really hilly around here, which makes it tough for people to get around. Back when I lived in DC and in Chicago, I used to love to take my mountain bike out, but I haven't been on that thing more than 5 times since I have lived here. Its all uphill on the way home.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com