just procrastinating

Monday, May 23, 2005

America (Fuck Yeah)
We rented Team America: World Police this weekend. I was expecting to really like it based on some earlier reviews that I had read and wasn't disappointed. Surprisingly, my wife, who usually doesn't like that South Park-type humor really liked it too. Funniest part for me, which had me laughing literally to tears: The song America, Fuck Yeah. The song was progressing in such a way that I wasn't quite expecting this lyric:
"America, FUCK YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls"
Anyway, my sense of humor hasn't changed much since I was 12, so that's probably why I laughed so much at that.

There is something in that movie for everyone, liberals and conservatives alike. I personally liked the portrayal of the Hollywood liberals in the Film Actors Guild (FAG) and the general feel of the film. I can see how someone more liberal might point out that it is a satire on the action genre and the arrogance of America, blah, blah, blah, whatever dude. It rocked.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com