just procrastinating

Friday, March 18, 2005

Sammy?
I want to believe Sammy, but when he came back for spring training after the 1998 slug-fest with Mark McGuire, he was about 20 pounds heavier. This seems more likely:
That Sosa statement was a 99.9 percent total denial of any use of steroids. However, cynics may parse his words in search of legal loopholes.

"To be clear, I have never taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs. I have never injected myself or had anyone inject me with anything. I've not broken the laws of the Unites States or the laws of the Dominican Republic," Sosa's statement read. "I have been tested as recently as 2004 and I am clean."

It is an awful world we live in. Within minutes of the statement's dissemination a veteran baseball writer said, "So, I guess that doesn't quite cover taking steroids orally if they were prescribed legally by a Dominican doctor."
I think that's more likely.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com