just procrastinating

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Sprint's Customer Service Blows
I'm trying to set up phone service (local and long distance) here in Charlottesville, and the local carrier is Sprint. I've had a couple run-ins with these clowns in the past, and they act like I don't have an alternative. On their website, it states that you have to wait 5 business days to get your service activated, which is ridiculous. Not only that, but they can't even guarantee it. Here is what they just emailed me:
Due to scheduling conflicts, we were unable to connect your service on your requested date. Instead we have scheduled your installation for 10/07/2004. If this date is not acceptable, please reply to this email or contact our customer service center at 800-672-6242 or 800-535-0189.
Here was my reply:
Here's an idea: Set it up tomorrow. I suppose if I have to use my cell phone exclusively for a week and a half, I'll probably get used to it. Or, I could probably just wait a couple of months until Adelphia offers voice over IP in this area.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com