just procrastinating

Monday, May 31, 2004

Selling the Place
Last week we got a contract on our house, so contingent upon the house inspection and radon test going well, we will be closing on this in mid-July. The process of selling the house was relatively painless, and I feel like I could done much of what the listing realtor did myself. I thought about doing a for sale by owner, but wasn't sure if I would have the time to do everything...which later proved to be incorrect.

The real thing that drove traffic through the place was just having an MLS listing, so which is what allowed other realtors to bring people through. All that other marketing in local real estate magazines seemed almost like a waste of time and money. And the part that took the most work, keeping the place clean and walking the dog every time someone came through to look, was all done by me anyway. Hopefully everything will go well with the inspection process and this will be a done deal.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com